Sign On Bonus of $500 after 90 continuous day of employment
4 Year Degree
Internal Number: NAF 23-203
Announcement Number: NAF23-203
Primary Location: Bremerton, WA
Pay Range: $24.00 - $28.00 per hr. DOE
Open: 05/19/23 – 06/02/23; First review 5/26/23
WHAT YOU GET:
· Competitive Wages & Benefits
· Benefits begin DAY ONE (Regular Full-Time and Part-Time)
· NAF Retirement Savings plan & 401K plan with match up to 3% of your salary
· Access to base recreation centers, gyms, movie theaters, Navy Exchange, and discount travel through AmericanForcesTravel.com
· Global Career Opportunities – Fleet & Family Readiness Programs is a worldwide enterprise with opportunities to work at Naval Bases around the world
· Make a positive impact on the Military Community
WHAT TO EXPECT:
· Planning, coordinating, execution, and evaluation of comprehensive monthly and yearly calendar of recreational activities, classes, events, trips, and programs (included but not limited to special events, seasonal programs, instructional classes, contests, tournaments and drop in activities)
· The target demographic for this positions is 18 to 25 year old junior service members that live in the barracks
· Evaluates effectiveness of program delivery based on user metrics, surveys, interactions with patrons, and ICE comments
· Utilizes internal and external resources to enhance and diversify programs. Prepares, justifies, and monitors the execution of the annual NAF and APF program budget
· Reviews financial reports, compares to budget and provides execution explanation for higher level review
· Although not a supervisory position, incumbent may be required to act in a lead capacity to include training, directing, and assigning work, preparing work schedules for Recreation Assistants, Guides, and Motor Vehicle Operators associated with program execution
· Provides necessary on the job training for staff as required for the program and provides input to the manager on employee performance
· Recruits, trains and manages volunteers, special interest groups and interns associated with programs in area of responsibility
· Responsible for all aspects of marketing and promotion for the program.
· Prepares and submits required monthly reports and metrics for area of responsibility.
· Programmer is also required to attend trips, classes, programs and all special events.
· Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
· Knowledge gained through education and training (i.e. Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Marketing, Business or closely related field) and/or equivalent recreation related work experience
· Must be able to utilize a computer and have basic knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office products.
. Combination of experience related to customer service and/or activity based functions
· Knowledge of recreational programs
· Knowledge of the goals, principles, techniques and methods of procedures use in organizing, planning and conducting all types of activities.
· Ability to create, negotiate, implement and sustain partnerships via various MWR agreements
· Program planning and leadership skills to devise and implement a leisure and social recreation program
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation.
· Ability to work various scheduled hours based on the needs of the program to include split days off, evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion and maintenance of National Agency (NACI) background check.
· Must be able to obtain certifications in First Aid and CPR within the first 90 days on the job
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Must be able to obtain a food handler’s, Controlling Alcohol Risk Effectively (CARE).
· Frequent physical exertion while instructing or guiding participants in a variety of activities to include indoor and outdoor activities
· Sitting, walking, long periods of standing, bending, lifting of moderately heavy items up to 40 pounds, working outside for special events or leading outdoor group outings or trips
· Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required.
· We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.