POSITION SUMMARY: The Facility & Aquatics Supervisor performs duties in the management and supervision of aquatics and recreational facilities. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the scheduling, training, and supervision of seasonal aquatic staff as a primary function of the position. Additional responsibilities include implementing activities and programs and coordinating facility usage and reservations, including large special events, as part of a service-oriented structure. This position works under the general supervision of the Assistant Parks and Recreation Director.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
• A High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Sports Management or a closely related field is required. Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
• A minimum of two (2) years' experience in recreation and sports management that includes tasks such as program development, facility management, budget development and control, staff supervision and training is required.
• A minimum of two (2) years' supervisory experience is required.
• Must possess the following certifications or obtain with the first six (6) months of employment or before the pool opens.
o Aquatics Facility Operator or Certified Pool Operator.
The Branson Parks and Recreation Department's core mission is to be progressive, innovative, and resourceful while working in partnership with citizens to provide recreational opportunities for the enjoyment of our community. We are committed to maintain quality parks and facilities to enhance the quality of life for the citizens and visitors of Branson.