1. Supervises assigned staff (e.g., recommends and develops policy; interviews applicants; recommends hiring, discipline, and firing; leads, motivates, collaborates, empowers, rewards, coaches, and praises; trains and instructs employees; assigns and directs work; appraises and evaluates performance; addresses complaints and resolves problems); directs day-to-day operations of the outdoor swimming pools and tennis courts; assists in recommending budget items; request purchase orders; maintains personnel records of staff.
2. Develops, manages, and schedules aquatic programming (e.g., swim lessons, swim team, swim lessons, lap swimming, rentals and special events., resolves customer complaints.
3. Manages operation of aquatic facilities; monitors and maintains proper chemical water balance; monitors and maintains numerous chlorinating systems, pumps, water filtration systems, water slides, diving boards, spray features, in-water playground equipment, etc. Conducts seasonal start-up and close down operations.
4. Prepares and submits advertising for outdoor and indoor aquatic programs.
5. Assists with purchasing, develops bid specifications, and monitors the program and membership sales, reporting processes and other business transactions.
6. Maintains licenses and certifications as required, if any.
7. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
8. Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
As part of the Parks and Recreation team, reporting directly to the Parks and Recreation Superintendent, this position implements and oversees the overall operations of the City’s three outdoor swimming pools and aquatic programs.
Certified as Water Safety Instructor; Lifeguard Training; CPR and First Aid Certification; Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator License (required to be obtained within six months from hire); valid State of Ohio Driver’s License and the ability to maintain insurability under the City’s vehicle insurance policy.
Exciting projects are happening in the Upper Arlington Parks and Recreation and we need a dynamic individual to help us move them forward! Online applications only will be accepted with a resume and cover letter as required attachments. Please do not send application documents any other way. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.