To be considered, Applicants must complete the Application on our Work Here Careers website: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/academic-affairs/staff-openings
North Central College is looking for an Athletic Events and Facilities Coordinator to assist with the effective management, operation, and security of the athletic complex. The person in this position plays an integral role in the effective operation of the athletic department by facilitating the best use of all athletic facilities, quality operation of athletic and special events, and development of plans to improve and maintain the facilities. Additionally, this position will assist with coordinating risk mitigation and training in athletic programs.
Description of Key Responsibilities
1. Hire, train, evaluate and supervise the student work force, assigning tasks and projects according to the type of activity or event. Develop and train a comprehensive student worker staff on which to call including student security and parking workers, weight room and pool supervisors, set-up/clean-up assistants, opening and closing of desk/building workers. Train, develop and supervise a student staff that can effectively, creatively and efficiently run all aspects of the athletic venue during athletic contests, recreation sports, community and special events.
2. Assist with the coordination of the comprehensive facility arrangements for scheduled and approved internal and external athletic complex programs, including all-campus events (e.g. commencement). Receive and approve requests for athletic facilities usage. Communicate the athletic complex schedule with all necessary parties; including which games, meets, practices, special events and other uses of the athletic complex facilities are upcoming. Serve as a liaison with personnel who must be involved and assign responsibilities to those employees who are responsible for the preparation of the complex itself for games, practices, activities, and events.
3. Assist with the coordination of the comprehensive facility arrangements for scheduled and approved internal and external athletic complex programs, including all-campus events (e.g. commencement). Receive and approve requests for athletic facilities usage. Communicate the athletic complex schedule with all necessary parties; including which games, meets, practices, special events and other uses of the athletic complex facilities are upcoming. Serve as a liaison with personnel who must be involved and assign responsibilities to those employees who are responsible for the preparation of the complex itself for games, practices, activities, and events.
4. Meet weekly with the athletic director’s administrative staff and athletic area maintenance team leader to develop on-going athletic complex schedules which maximize the effectiveness of the facilities and departmental needs. Meet regularly with the camps and conferences staff to coordinate all events taking place in the athletic complex.
5. Develop game day and special event check lists and standards. Assign to and subsequently evaluate the sports management interns, special events staff, and student staff in specific jobs, depending on the event. Assist in the assignments as necessary.
6. Develop, in conjunction with the campus and conferences professional staff, a student set-up, tear down and management team for summer events in the athletic complex. With regular communication, manage the effective and efficient turnover of events during summer conferences and camps including set-up, tear-down, clean-up, parking and security.
7. Work at alternative locations as assigned temporarily for personnel not available or to supplement personnel during times of heavy workload.
1. Skill in developing an effective, experiential, student internship and graduate assistant program with professional-level experiences in the many aspects of athletic event management and facilities operations. 2. Ability to supervise, schedule, train, and hire multiple employees (both student and professional) appropriately for various aspects of the athletic complex and special events, each with varied levels of expertise. Ability to do so creatively and expediently, limiting overtime expenditures using classes of employees effectively. 3. Knowledge of risk management and safety as it relates to the use of the athletic complex facilities. 4. Extensive knowledge of the organization and operation of the College, both administratively and academically, especially regarding facility use and how these fit into the overall picture of student recruitment and retention. 5. Ability to deal with several tasks and work with a large number of individuals concurrently, often without direct supervision. This requires a person who is very well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to effectively prioritize and act on tasks. 6. Ability to attend practices, games, and special events, at alternative hours and days of the week. 7. Ability to accomplish tasks that are complex in nature with both employees who are direct reports and employees who are not. Ability to clearly communicate goals of an event or activity with proper scheduling and effective consultation with other departments and individuals. 8. Ability to consistently demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills in dealing with people both internal and external to the College, both on the telephone and in person. Ability to work effectively as a member of a small staff where teamwork and cooperation are the rule. 9. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students, and visitors to the College. 10. Promote a flexible, collaborative, and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion. 11. Ability to transport safely and effectively (which may involve lifting up to 75 pounds) and utilize materials and equipment used in the athletic complex for various events. Ability to move and set up furniture, athletic equipment, and accessories sometimes with only short notice. 12. Strong commitment to a small college environment, the NCAA Division III philosophy, and community involvement in athletics. 13. Other duties as assigned.
North Central College Cardinals
143 Individual & Relay National Championships
743 National Academic Awards
40 Team National Championships
220 Team Conference Championships
1,225 All-America Awards
A Great Place to Work
North Central College was named a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education five times in six years. The College was most recently recognized in two categories: Teaching Environment and Tenure Clarity and Process. We’re honored by the recognition. We’ve always known North Central is a special place and we look forward to getting to know you.