The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Prince George's County Department of Parks and Recreation is a nationally recognized and award-winning parks department. The Youth and Countywide Sports Division is seeking a Health and Wellness Specialist to work under the general direction of Health and Wellness Coordinator.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Assist with the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of health and wellness programs and events throughout the County for residents and employees.
2. Assist with the management of health and wellness programs and activities throughout the County. Organize health and wellness recreation programs and events designed to meet the wellness needs of the community. Attend, audit and track attendance at health and wellness events.
3. Attend meetings with user groups, community groups, business groups and governmental units to identify needs, plan programs and answer questions about Department of Parks and Recreation health and wellness initiatives.
4. Represent the Department before various health and wellness groups and organizations, as needed.
5. Recruit, select and audition staff/instructors for a variety of programs and fitness classes. Attend and audit programs and instructors to ensure that safety protocols and guidelines are met. Monitor and maintain staff certifications. Evaluate staff work performance. Coordinate trainings for staff, as required.
6. Schedule and supervise intermittent staff. Plan and assign work. Evaluate work and counsel staff. Assist with the preparation and approval of timecards.
7. Organize and maintain administrative records of health and wellness programs. Record and maintain measurable data of applicable programs. Develop and maintain database of vendors, exhibitors and resources.
8. Create and implement multimedia marketing strategies and campaigns including, but not limited to: written materials for distribution such as flyers, brochures and rack cards, press releases, publications, promotional items, ads and newsletters for radio, television, newspapers and social media.
9. Collaborate with the Public Affairs and Marketing Division to market health and wellness programs and initiatives. Coordinate the circulation of promotional materials to facilities, individuals and groups. Provide updates for webpage content to coincide with program schedules. Submit requests to advertise via social media platforms.
10. Assist with the development and supervision of the Health and Wellness Outreach Team, as well as coordination of public outreach to engage the community and foster participation with Department programs.
11. Serve as an instructor/facilitator for a variety of evidence-based programs.
1. Bachelor's degree in parks and recreation or related field, and two years of relevant professional work experience; or 2. An equivalent combination of education and experience. 3. Valid driver's license or the ability to acquire one.
Internal Number: 14881
About The Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission
Created in 1927, The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission embodies the vision of forward-looking community leaders who saw the need to plan for orderly development and protection of the natural resources in the two suburban counties bordering the District of Columbia. During the Commission's proud 80 plus years of existence, the population of the area it serves has increased to more than 1.6 million residents who inhabit a bi-county area of great economic, racial, ethnic and geographic diversity.The Commission's facilities, programs and responsibilities have constantly evolved and expanded to keep pace with the needs of this vibrant community. From assuming responsibility for the entire public recreation program in Prince George's County in the '70s, to building and strengthening ongoing regional business partnerships, the Commission has continued to plan, fund and deliver quality, innovative programs, facilities and services for over three-quarters of a century. M-NCPPC benefits the citizens of Montgomery and Prince George's Counties by Turning Visions Into Reality.