Under the direction of the Irrigation Supervisor, employee performs duties relating to the operation and maintenance of city-wide irrigation systems and related components. Employee monitors electronic data provided by integrated irrigation monitoring system. Performs general maintenance of parks and other City grounds. This is a full-time, non-exempt position working approximately 40 hours/week. Must be available to work evenings and weekends as assigned for maintenance and special events. TMRS eligible.
Essential Job Functions
1. Possesses excellent customer service skills and can excel at applying the City of Hurst’s Code of Ideals and Good to Great practices in all interpersonal relationships with city staff and the public.
2. Provides installation, maintenance, repair, and design assistance of irrigation systems at city facilities, parks, athletic fields, and landscaped areas.
3. Installs irrigation systems by assembling pipes, valves, timing devices, program controllers and other related hardware.
4. Performs inspections to determine if system meets state and municipal codes, makes repairs such as replacing damaged parts, and assesses preventive maintenance standards of irrigation systems.
1. Basic computer skills including email correspondence and spreadsheets.
2. Basic knowledge of irrigation controller programming.
3. Knowledge of irrigation system installation and maintenance.
4. Knowledge of growth and development requirements of turf and plant material.
5. Analyze computer data to diagnose irrigation problem.
Minimum Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred. TCEQ Irrigator Technicians License required. Three years’ experience with irrigation system installation and repair preferred. Must have a valid State of Texas driver’s license, with a good driving record. Other applicable ground maintenance licenses/certifications preferred. Candidate must have a personal electronic device capable of making and receiving phone calls, and sending and receiving text messages. The City incorporates into the hourly rate, a reimbursement for the business usage of the personal electronic device.
About City of Hurst
The City of Hurst is located in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area. Close to DFW airport, Hurst is a small town with a big heart. We want you on our team!
When joining Team Hurst, you are joining a group of people dedicated to delivering strong customer service to our citizens and each other. We strive to have a passionate approach to work life, serve to the highest standard, and contribute to the sustainability of Hurst. We call the basis for how we work The Hurst Way.
As a member of Team Hurst, we want you to enjoy the benefits offered to you and your family. We know you work hard delivering strong customer service to all who live, work, play, shop, and benefit from the services we provide. Full-time employees are offered a variety of benefits listed on our website.
BACK TO TOP
The NRPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NRPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at The NRPA Career Center.