ESSE N T IAL FUNCTIONS : For purposes of 42 USC 12101:
1. Performs a variety of turf enhancing activities (e.g., mows grounds, trims, aerates, seeds, top dresses, fertilizes, waters, applies pesticides); prepares plans and reports; prepares and maintains athletic facilities. Operates a variety of motorized equipment.
2. Prepares park facilities for and staffs special events (e.g., sets up chairs, tables, booths, stages, and tents).
3. Performs preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment (e.g., ensures blades are sharpened, levels off oil and gas, ensures vehicle is in proper working condition, etc.); documents maintenance per department policy; monitors parts/inventory for day-to-day purchasing.
4. Provides support to other maintenance staff (e.g., mows grounds, trims, aerates, uses leaf blower to clean off debris; cleans up landscape areas by pulling weeds, mulching, dead-heading plants, trimming trees, planting foliage, and watering; etc.); uses equipment and vehicles for storm cleanup (e.g., removes broken trees and limbs, cleans up debris, leaves, and brush, etc.); empties trash cans; sweeps parking lots; inspects and repairs playground equipment; installs new equipment; paints, repairs, and performs other general building maintenance; performs snow removal upon direction of supervisor (e.g., plows streets and parking lots, shovels or blows sidewalks and entrances, salt areas as required, etc.).
5. Leads and directs other employees, contractors, community service workers and volunteers in supervisor's absence, or when performing specialized tasks or projects. Provides assistance to horticulture, park maintenance, or forestry staff as directed. Participates in first call rotation.
6. Collaborates with Parks Planning & Development Manager, Recreation Division staff and community sports organizations regarding sport fields usage, maintenance and improvements.
7. Maintains licenses and certifications as required, if any. Attends seminars and training.
8. Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
9. Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :