GAME MANAGEMENT/SPORTS INFORMATION - GRADUATE ASSISTANT
North Park University, a member of the nationally recognized College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin, would like to announce that applications are now being accepted for the position of Game Management/Sports Information Graduate Assistant. The assistantship will begin in August 2020 and includes tuition remission, a meal plan, and an annual stipend.
· Reports directly to the Sports Information Director/Gameday Management Administrator.
· Assist in event coverage of home events (statistical compilation and public address announcing).
· Hire and supervise student-worker staffs, table staffs, and interns for Sports Information.
· Write releases and feature articles, edit and design media guides and game programs, maintain historical records, and compile statistics.
· Assist with updating the Athletic Department website and social media sites (rosters, schedules, biographies, previews, etc.).
· Gain a working knowledge of live video stream of home contests.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the Sports Information Director/Gameday Management Administrator, Associate Athletic Directors, and the Assistant Vice President for Athletics and Sport Management.
· A bachelor’s degree is required.
· Applicants must be able to work an untraditional work schedule (i.e. frequent nights and weekends).
· Applicant must obtain acceptance in North Park University graduate program and have a personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
· A background in StatCrew, NCAA LiveStats or Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to: North Park University, Tyler Woolbright, Sports Information Director/Gameday Management Administrator, 3225 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625, E-mail: email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
About North Park University
Located on the North side of Chicago, North Park University is a comprehensive and Christian liberal arts university that serves nearly 3,200 undergraduate and graduate students from around the country and the world. Within a diverse, close-knit, urban community, North Park offers more than 40 undergraduate majors, 8 bachelor’s degree-completion majors, 19 master’s degrees, and more than 30 graduate-level certificate programs for continuing professional education. By integrating faith with learning—as it has done since its founding in 1891—North Park University continues to focus on the important task of preparing students for lives of significance and service.
North Park has consistently ranked in the top tier of Midwest regional universities, according to U.S. News & World Report, and has been ranked among the top 50 Christian colleges and Universities by collegechoice.net. We consistently produce Fulbright award-winning students and faculty. Institutional accreditation at North Park University is provided by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Our campus is a blend of urban life, open spaces, and modern academic resources. Situated in the North Park and Albany Park neigh...borhoods of the city, the University makes its home in one of the most ethnically diverse communities of the country. Through engaging our neighborhood and city, we enrich our campus life and build important connections to the diverse people of Chicago whose roots extend around the globe.
As an employer, North Park offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including tuition benefits for employees and their spouses/dependents. The University welcomes faculty and staff professing the Christian faith, from a wide range of traditions, and is committed to building a diverse, collegial, and supportive academic atmosphere.
More facts about North Park University in Chicago:
6 schools offering professional graduate programs: 19 master's degrees and 35 graduate-level certificate programs
116 full-time faculty; 85% with terminal degrees
More than 750 total faculty and staff members (Full and part-time)
11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
BACK TO TOP
The NRPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NRPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at The NRPA Career Center.