The University of North Texas is seeking a Director of Ticket Sales. Under direct supervision of the Sr. Associate Athletic Director for Ticket Sales and Operations, the Director of Ticket Sales will be responsible for sales across all ticketed sports and events. This position will actively manage timelines/execute plans to hit revenue and ticketing goals for fiscal year including full season ticket, club, suite, half season, group, and single game tickets for North Texas Athletics. This role will assist with creating results-driven sales strategy, ticketing manifests, and is expected to drive outbound call volume, sales revenue, and face-to-face meetings around various ticket sales campaigns. Additional responsibilities will include assisting/managing the onboarding of new North Texas staff, part-time, game day staff, and interns. Other duties include assisting in the coordination of Don January Golf Tournament, UNT Student Athlete Awards Banquet, conference/NCAA Tournaments and Championships, and other athletic related events will be required.
* Generate sales leads to facilitate the maximum number of sales and revenue for all sports, with a focus on football and men’s basketball. This may include pre-game or post-game events, meet and greets, or meetings with VIPs
* Prospect, qualify, and close leads over the phone or in face-to-face appointments at Apogee Stadium or off campus with prospect
* Responsible for establishing a relationship with individual game buyers, fans, donors, and other constituents of North Texas Athletics in order to generate new business
* Meet or exceed daily call minimums as outlined by Sr. Associate AD for Tickets Sales and Operations
* Build relationships with current clients ensuring high renewal rates and upgrades in tickets, parking, etc.
* Identify new revenue opportunities, partnerships, and programs for the department
* Maintain electronic account records for the upkeep of customer relationship management database
* Work within a team environment to achieve department goals and sales objectives
* Provide excellent customer care and quality service to our customers
* Collaborate with Sr. Associate AD/Ticketing to oversee all ticketing sales aspects of assigned Olympic Sports, Women’s basketball, and special projects.
* Join professional associations, attend networking events, and to gain awareness of our product/competition in the local business community
* Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and long-term sales goals in the areas of season ticket sales, premium seat sales, individual game, group ticket sales, and other available ticketing inventory
* Assist in providing management oversight to intern and part-time program with guidance, and mentoring
* Oversee all ticketing operations aspects of assigned sport(s), including manifest creation, event programming, and day to day operational management in accordance to responsibilities set forth by Senior Associate AD/Ticketing
* Responsible for accurate and appropriate handling of cash, checks, credit cards, and tickets; will work with Athletics Business Office to deposit all ticket office revenue within University of North Texas guidelines
* Meet or exceed deadlines on time and in accordance to responsibilities set forth by Senior Associate AD for Ticketing and Athletics Executive Team
Bachelor’s Degree in in related field and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Internal Number: S636P
About University of North Texas
The University of North Texas System is a publicly funded institution with five locations in one of the nation’s 10 largest metro areas. Almost 10,000 faculty, staff and student workers are employed in the cities of Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth.Many employees are recognized scholars and teachers whose work supports student success, creates healthier communities and serves the needs of the North Texas region and beyond. Many are skilled staff whose contributions are in administration, maintenance and construction, food service, computer technology, and finance and accounting, among others.