The Athletics Facilities Manager reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Operations and Event Management and is responsible for the oversight and management of all athletics facilities.
Compliance with NCAA rules is of the utmost importance at Northern Kentucky University. As a member of the athletics department staff it is expected that the Athletics Facilities Manager will have a full understanding of the NCAA rules that pertain to the position. It is also expected that the Athletics Facilities Manager will comply with all NCAA rules and if he/she becomes aware, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a violation of a rule has occurred he/she will immediately report it to the Director of Athletics or his/her designee.
1. Oversee all aspects of operation within athletics facilities (Regents Hall, Bill Aker Baseball Complex, Frank Ignatius Grein Softball Field, Joyce E. Yeager Tennis Complex, Soccer Complex, Valhalla).
2. Develop and maintain policies and procedures for athletic facilities. Oversight of security and risk management of all Athletics Facilities, including monitoring security cameras in designated areas and key control and card swipe for door access.
3. Maintain an up-to-date list of maintenance projects. Prepare and monitor budget for maintenance, projects. Coordinate maintenance projects with NKU Facilities Management and/or outside contractors. Obtain the necessary quotes and paperwork from outside contractors to be submitted to Procurement for approval of work to be done. Track expenditures related to budgeted maintenance projects. Assist in the planning process of facility capital projects.
4. Oversee the maintenance, repair and replacement of facility related equipment and supplies. Prepare and monitor budget for maintenance, repair and replacement of facility related equipment and supplies. Coordinate maintenance and repair work with NKU Facilities Management and/or outside contractors. Obtain the necessary quotes and paperwork from outside contractors to be submitted to Procurement for approval of work to be done. Track expenditures related to budgeted maintenance, repair and replacement of facility related equipment and supplies.
5. Coordinate scheduling, maintenance, and other tasks with Parking Services, the Department of Campus Recreation, Chartwells (concessions), Facility Management, Physical Plant and Outside Vendors.
6. Oversee the scheduling of athletic facilities. Develop policies and procedures for scheduling of facilities by internal and external constituents. Maintain up-to-date calendar for all Athletics Department facilities.
7. Coordinate all rentals of athletic facilities. Prepare rental contracts and obtain all necessary paperwork from rental groups. When necessary coordinate with Parking Services, University Police, Catering, and other support departments to ensure the control and safety of rental events. Work with Athletics Department Business Office to initiate invoices to outside entities.
8. Serve as game day administrator for men’s and women’s soccer, softball, selected men’s basketball games, and other occasional home athletics events; also serve as game day administrator for assigned external rentals.
9. Hire, train and evaluate student employees for Facility Operations. Schedule student employees on an as needed basis. Prepare and monitor student employment budget for Facility Operations.
10. Assist in the hiring, training and evaluation of student employees for event management.
11. Assist in the coordination of Horizon League and NCAA Championship events hosted by the Athletics Department.
Minimum of two years of related experience required; three to five years of related experience preferred
Preference will be given to individuals with:
experience in athletic event management
experience with EMS software
About Northern Kentucky University
Northern Kentucky University is a growing metropolitan university of approximately 15,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati. Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky, just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati, NKU has become a leader in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost. While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students’ names. In fall 2018, we celebrated the construction and opening of the $105 million Health Innovation Center (HIC), home of NKU’s College of Health Professionals and the Institute for Health Innovation. St. Elizabeth Healthcare invested $8 million to construct and equip the two-story Simulation Center. In 2008, we opened the BB&T Arena, a $60 million, 9,400-seat arena for basketball games and other events, as well as our $37 million, 144,000-square-foot student union building.
The 2016-17 academic year marked the first season NKU was eligible for participation in NCAA Championships after reclassifying to Division I. The Norse qualified for th...e NCAA Women's Soccer Championship and NCAA Men's Basketball Championship in 2016-17. The Men's Basketball team won the 2017-18 regular season Horizon League Championship and participated in the post-season NIT. The Men's Basketball team won the 2018-19 regular season Horizon League Championship and participated in the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship.