The Compliance Auditor is responsible for conducting regular and random compliance audits of U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC), National Governing Bodies (NGBs) and High Performance Management Organizations (HPMOs) to ensure adherence of all organizations to the requirements of the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 and the U.S. Center for SafeSport’s policies and procedures. The compliance auditor will be responsible for preparing compliance audit work papers and audit reports for supervisory review.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Following a template compliance program for NGB compliance audits, complete all steps including researching prior results, obtaining relevant documentation, creating a sample of which to review, conduct entrance and exit conference, and prepare correspondence and work papers
• Perform independent site visits to obtain evidence, communicate with compliance staff, examine records, and gather pertinent data
• Formulate recommendations and corrective actions in response to audit results necessary to improve operations, eliminate deficiencies and bring into compliance
• Draft audit reports and management letters based on the work performed and submit report drafts and work papers for supervisory review
• Perform follow-up procedures to verify implementation of recommendations
• Serve as a technical resource concerning implementation, corrective actions and recommendations
• Collaborate with Compliance Development Coordinator to assist in organizational compliance development and implementation
• Assist Assistant/Associate Director of Audit and Compliance with special projects
• Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in compliance, audit, risk management, enforcement, or similar field
Ability to work well individually and on a team
Advanced degree in field of abuse prevention, sexual assault, or related field
Sports background strongly preferred
Proven track record of support for sport constituents and an ability and desire to work collaboratively with them
Passionate about the U.S. Center for SafeSport’s mission
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Excellent interpersonal skills
Exceptionally skilled in written and verbal communication and attention to detail
Have a high level of flexibility and excellent customer service skills when engaging with both internal and external constituents
Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Proficient in Microsoft office suite
Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail
Possess strong initiative
Positive, can-do attitude
Additional Salary Information: Benefits include PTO for vacation, sick and holidays; health care, vision and dental options; employer paid life and disability policies; 401k savings match.
About U.S. Center for SafeSport
The U.S. Center for SafeSport is an independent nonprofit committed to building a sport community where participants can work and learn together free of emotional, physical and sexual abuse and misconduct.
US Center for SafeSport is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
BACK TO TOP
The NRPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NRPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at The NRPA Career Center.