The Department is seeking an individual with experience in working within a community of diverse students and colleagues. Successful candidates will by their administrative, coaching, leadership or service demonstrate they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of athletics, the department and our community.
Department Chair & Director of Athletics
General Job Functions:
Supports the chair/director in the overall leadership of the academic PERA Department; Oversees the intercollegiate athletics program and two functional support areas, including day-to-day leadership and operations working with multicultural groups of people in support of PERA goals, consistent with the mission of the college.
- Supports the chair/director in the overall leadership of the PERA Department; serves as leader in their absence.
- Fosters an environment of learning and development for all members of the department; participates in professional development opportunities provided by the College, Department and external associations.
- Supervises Department-wide events as part of the administrative team.
- Serves on Department and College-wide committees, seeking leadership opportunities.
- Provides leadership and oversight of head coaches in all aspects of their program.
- Oversees goal setting, supervision, planning, recruiting, scheduling (practice, competition, travel and training trips), and budget management.
- Assists in the hiring of multicultural assistant coaches including development of duties & responsibilities and evaluation process working with head coaches.
- Leads activities for recruitment of diverse prospective student-athletes.
- Supports the annual faculty and staff evaluation process through regular input and feedback to Chair/Director.
- Works closely with the department chair as part of the annual assessment process for full-time teacher-coaches.
- Manages diverse and inclusive professional development opportunities for athletics working with head and assistant coaches; supports department-wide programming; leads efforts of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee.
- Manages the student-athlete evaluation questionnaire (SEQ) processes for all teams and senior exit interview process.
- Leads all aspects of compliance with NCAA, NEWMAC and other Sport Governing rules and regulations. Works with Faculty Athletics Representative to ensure communication and commitment consistent with College and NCAA expectations.
- Provides leadership, in coordination with Faculty Directors, to PERA in areas of student health and well-being.
- Serves as the department liaison to Admissions & Financial Aid, Dean of Students (I.E., Residence Life, Class Deans, Health & Counseling services, Disability Services), Career Education, Diversity & Inclusion and Institutional Research.
Secondary Responsibilities: - Leads Department activities for First-Year Orientation and overall development of athletes; coordinates with recreation and physical education.
- Oversees athlete award nominations, including the application process working with FAR.
Direct Reports: - Head Coaches of Varsity Sports - Director Level Faculty/Administrators - PERA Interns
About Wellesley College
Wellesley College is a liberal arts college for women located just 12 miles west of Boston, is a 500-acre campus of woodlands, hills, meadows, an arboretum, ponds, miles of footpaths, fitness trails, and athletic fields and facilities borders scenic Lake Waban. The mission of Wellesley College is to provide an excellent liberal arts education for women who will make a difference in the world.Wellesley's reputation as a place of teaching, learning and sharing extends far beyond our classrooms, and our mission to make a difference extends beyond the students. Each member of our community-students, faculty and staff- make a difference in one another's lives, and in the life of the College. We strive to recruit and retain a diverse blend of talented, enthusiastic individuals who will take full advantage of the extraordinary environment and resources available to them to further their lives and careers.Join us in shaping the minds and lives of our students, and our collective future. If interested, send cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Office, Wellesley College, 106 Central Street, Wellesley, MA 02481; or to apply online, please use the following link: http://career.wellesley....edu/. Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution and employer. Successful candidates must be able to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment. Applications from women, minorities, veterans and candidates with disabilities are encouraged.Visit our website at www.wellesley.edu/HR/
BACK TO TOP
The NRPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NRPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at The NRPA Career Center.