Responsible for performing a variety of functions to assist in the day to day activities for the Game Operations and Event Management athletic program at the University of Houston.
1. Assist the Assistant Athletic Director with all game operations and event management duties including set-up, in-game and post-game responsibilities, and serves as game manager for assigned sport.
2. Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the athletic facilities, ensures facilities are prepared for athletic and non-athletic events.
3. Responsible for hiring, training, supervision and scheduling of student workers.
4. Participates with stadium setup and activation home football games.
5. Coordinates all game day parking and traffic management for home games.
6. Provide assistance with facility scheduling for competitions and practices.
7. May participate in various non-athletic and athletic events.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1-year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4-year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Education in lieu of experience accepted
Notes to Applicant: Education in lieu of experience accepted
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.