Manheim Township, a First-Class Township in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, is looking for a highly qualified individual to be its next Director of Recreation and Parks Planning. The responsibilities of the position include to direct the development, implementation, administration, supervision, and evaluation of the township’s recreation programs, activities, and services including public pools operations.
Functions of the job include but are not limited to:
• Supervise the Recreation Department staff. Communicate and enforce Township and Department policies and procedures with the Department employees and volunteer staff.
• Meet with Parks and Recreation Board as the Township’s recreation liaison.
• Prepare and administer the Department budget.
• Research, report and recommend avenues of funding including fee structures, grants, in-kind contributions, sponsorships and other possible avenues.
• Promote interdepartmental communication and cooperation. Interact with other Manheim Township department staff, school district representatives, local community groups, agencies and others to develop, coordinate, or recommend recreation activities and opportunities.
• Present Township and Department activities, programs and projects to public agencies, special interest groups, planning groups and civic organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in recreation, public administration, physical education, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Parks and Recreation management position.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Township policies, procedures, relevant state and federal laws and regulations, and local ordinances affecting Recreation.
• Thorough knowledge of public administration principles relating to funding, fees and revenue and government process.
• Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) is preferred.
• Certified Park and Recreation Executive (CPRE) is preferred.
• Pesticide Applicator is preferred.
• Certified Pool Operator is preferred
Resumes and cover letters should be e-mailed to Steven Schlegel, the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Manheim Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Manheim Township
Manheim Township, 1840 Municipal Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601
BACK TO TOP
The NRPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NRPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at The NRPA Career Center.