James Madison University, a Division 1 Member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for a Director of Strategic Revenues. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve annual strategic revenue goals for ticketed JMU Athletic events, which includes football and men’s/women’s basketball.
- Drive ticket sales and premium seating while leveraging Duke Club giving through access to priority tickets, parking and other industry best practices in the areas of revenue generation.
- Develop integrated pricing models for ticket sales, seat licensing and Duke Club donations to maximize revenue potential and Duke Club giving for both football and men’s/women’s basketball.
- Collaborate with Athletics Marketing and the Athletics Ticket Office to promote and advertise ticket sales programs.
- Achieve revenue goals through effective planning, goal setting and execution of sales program.
- Develop and successfully manage a diversified sales team using existing staff resources while recruiting new positions. Lead the sales team by setting measurable objectives, coaching and performance monitoring.
- Present sales and revenue reports as well as realistic forecasts to Athletics and university administration in conjunction with the annual planning and reporting processes.
- Frequently working during evenings and on weekends is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of full-time previous sales and management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a sales focused CRM (SalesForce preferred) with experience and insight in web usage analytics and outgoing email campaigns.
- Possess successful experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding revenue goals.
- Must be self-driven, possess excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and an ability to provide excellent mentoring, coaching and management of staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Master’s degree in business administration or a related field.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.