Responsible for the oversight of all Recreation programs operating throughout The Sea Pines Resort, as well as aid with Fitness Center operations and assist with Fitness and Recreation Interns throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain accurate knowledge for:
o Resort activities and events
o Resort services, values, mission and vision
o Resort features and amenities
* Effectively and Efficiently handle guest/member complaints
* Oversee reservation and payment policy procedures for all recreational activities
* With the assistance of Recreation Intern Supervisor, oversee all summer interns and assist with their training
* Assist with corporate groups for team building activities on an as needed basis
* Responsible for opening and closing procedures: i.e. nightly reports and daily deposits
* During summer assists with pool areas, playground, crafts and other recreation activities
* Relay accurate directions for guests going to all recreation activities within the resort
* Lead planning and execution of regularly scheduled activities (fishing, crabbing) as well as special events and holidays
* Ensure regular stock checks and ordering for recreational supplies
* Complete transactions for both weekly and annual pool passes ensuring appropriate documentation is submitted
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to reach with arms and hands; bend and stoop; remain at post standing for extended periods of time; may be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Prior customer service experience
* Able to lift 30 or more pounds
* Able to work alone and as part of a team
* Appreciates and respects nature and its surroundings
* Good organizational skills
* Ability to communicate well with members, guests and coworkers
* Flexible work schedule
* Prior guest relations training
* Hospitality experience
* CPR, First Aid, AED certified
* College graduate
* Knowledge about fitness and recreation activities/programs
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, evenings, and holidays
* Ability to communicate in English with members/guests/employees to their understanding.
* Ability to provide legible communication and directions.
* Ability to adhere to responsible, safe and conscientious driving rules.
* Ability to understand member/guest inquiries and provide responses.
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
* Ability to focus on member/guest needs.
* Ability to prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
* Ability to perform assignments with minimal supervision.
* Ability to ensure security of resort property.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of member/guest information and pertinent resort data.
Many activities/tasks will be performed outdoors in variable weather conditions, including hot, cold, and windy weather. Temperature can be extreme, but is usually moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree in Recreation or related field
* One or more years of experience in Recreation Activities
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* CPR, First Aid, AED certified desired
* Valid Driver's License required
Internal Number: 01
About The Sea Pines Resort, LLC
The Sea Pines Resort is a 5,000 acre horizontal Resort located on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. The resort offers a luxury boutique hotel, along with 400 home and villa rentals. The property includes 3 18-hole golf courses, 23 clay tennis courts, 1 conference center and much more.
The Sea Pines Resort is committed to quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of our business. As part of our team, we hope you will discover that the pursuit of excellence is a rewarding aspect of your career at The Sea Pines Resort.