Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
This position coordinates all aspects of NCAA compliance. This position will support the College's NCAA monitoring and compliance efforts, ensuring facilitation of procedures regarding the Department of Athletics and Recreational Sports compliance policies, the NCAA and WCC bylaws, and providing support for the compliance efforts of all coaches, student-athletes, administration and outside entities. This position will be directly responsible for monitoring the eligibility of student-athletes as well as prospective student-athletes as it relates to academic eligibility, amateurism, and outside competition. The incumbent will also manage the official squad lists for all intercollegiate sports, coordinate NCAA certification team meetings, as well as other NCAA compliance related duties as assigned.
1. Initial and Continuing Eligibility. Directly responsible for monitoring the eligibility of prospective student-athletes during the recruitment phase until full-time enrollment at the college. Acts as institutional contact for the NCAA Eligibility Center. Will act as liaison to Academic Support in monitoring the continuing eligibility of enrolled student-athletes as it relates to academic eligibility, amateurism, and outside competition.
2. Monitor Regulations and Compliance Ensure that Athletics has systems in place to achieve compliance by development of compliance management systems (such as training, policies, procedures, monitoring and auditing, among others) across all functions. On a day-to-day basis, will maintain and monitor various compliance records for each sport, as assigned, to ensure rules compliance with NCAA and WCC legislation. Perform spot check audits of compliance records as needed. Directly responsible for approving all recruiting visits and maintaining all visit paperwork. Conduct bi-annual meetings with each assigned coach/program to discuss the compliance efforts of their sport and assign tasks for the upcoming year. Educate coaches on the JumpForward recruiting system as needed.
3. Rules Interpretations Perform extensive research and analysis to provide rules interpretations of NCAA legislation and WCC rules as appropriate. Maintain files of past interpretations for future reference.
4. Squad List Management Directly responsible for maintaining the official squad lists for all 16 intercollegiate sports. In addition to tracking the participation of all student-athletes, this includes coordinating the additions and removal process for student-athletes and all involved parties. This position will manage all releases and tracers for incoming and outgoing student-athletes. Will be the point-person for the NCAA Transfer portal.
5. ? Other duties include assisting the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance with completing waivers and conducting investigations and reporting violations to the NCAA.
Experience and Qualifications:
Education:REQUIRED: Bachelors degree PREFERRED: Masters or law degree
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience): Preferred experience in an NCAA Compliance office (preferably Division I) or other related areas.
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) Strong written, verbal and computer skills required; experience in policy analysis and/or legal briefing preferred; thorough knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations; thorough knowledge of the Compliance Assistant software and NCAA Legislative Database required; ability to interpret and apply NCAA rules and regulations; ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes