The Recreational Sports Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Aquatics to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for hiring, training, supervising and evaluating aquatics program staff including a graduate assistant, lifeguards, technicians, and instructors.
* Plans, manages and evaluates program budgets, payroll and other fiscal activities for the aquatics program.
* Assists in the maintenance of multiple pools including backwashing, chemical feed equipment, pool pumps, motors and pool paks.
* Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws governing aquatics facilities and operations.
* Develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures for minimizing risk and ensuring safe facilities and programs.
* Responsible for training staff for a variety of emergency and incident response scenarios as well as all documentation and follow up to any emergencies or incidents.
* Responsible for risk assessment and management within the aquatics area including facility inspections, chemical checks and documentation, skills screenings of all staff, weekly in-service trainings for all staff and emergency and incident trainings.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Licenses, Certificates or Registration Aquatics - Red Cross Certified Lifeguard; and NSPF Certified Pool/Spa Operator (CPO) Certification or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Certification, or the ability to obtain within 60 days.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Additional Salary Information: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Internal Number: 153685
About University of North Texas
As one of the nation's largest universities, we offer 101 bachelor's, 82 master's and 38 doctoral degree programs. By providing access, welcoming diversity and strengthening our collaborations with our many educational, business and community partners, as well as building new partnerships across the globe, UNT's faculty and staff work each day to prepare students for the challenges they will meet in our changing world.