- Education: High School required / Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Current certification as an Instructor Trainer (LGI and/or WSI) in good standing with a preferred 2 years minimum of experience for this level.
- Recent (within one year) teaching experience in instructor-level courses and recent (within three years) basic-level classes of the specialty area. Experience with a variety of course sizes and delivery types preferred. Note: WSIT Educators must have experience teaching Red Cross swim lessons in the past but the experience does not have to be within the last three years.
- Current basic-level certification in First Aid and CPR/AED. (CPR /AED for Professional Rescuers or equivalent required for LGIT Educators).
- Ability to demonstrate, evaluate and remediate specialty area skills to the Red Cross standard.
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter, including Red Cross materials and program policies as it relates to the specialty area.
- Ability to perform all administrative work required by specialty area including use of blended learning, experience with online courses, electronic course record entry, etc.
- Have experience with technology – ability to communicate via email, use web-based systems, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve in difficult situations and with a variety of customers.
- Willingness and ability to travel to teach academies.
- Ability to transition to alternative tasks as needed when not teaching academies.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching, including specialty area and/or specialty area-specific industry work experience.
- Work experience in the industry of the specialty area, i.e., waterpark supervisor, aquatic director, waterfront camp supervisor, swim lesson programmer, EMT, etc. preferred.
- Basic-level certification in the specialty area of the Instructor Trainer Educator.
- Evidence of speaking or teaching experience in adult education environment.
- Ability to travel 75-100%
- Able to work long days
- Adaptable to teaching in multiple, variable environments
- Physical-ability to lift up to 50 pounds, get in and out of pools multiple times during the course of a training, carry equipment variable distances to get it in and out of pool facility.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.