This position is responsible for the organization, planning, staffing, training, maintenance, supervision and programming of the aquatic facilities and concession operations at Rice Pool and Water Park and Northside Family Aquatic Center. This position is also responsible for the coordination and implementation of the agency-wide CPR/AED/First Aid program and Chairperson of the Safety Committee.
- Plan, organize, market, direct and evaluate a comprehensive program of activities for the aquatic facilities, including, but not limited to, open swim, lap swim, swim lessons, swim team, aquatic programs/camps, special events, birthday parties and scout programs.
- Prepare annual Rice Pool and Water Park and Northside Family Aquatic Center budget, making necessary revenue and expenditure adjustments, and monitors the budget on a monthly basis.
- Prepare reports, compile statistics, and perform evaluations on all aspects of the aquatic facilities as required.
- Train and rehearse emergency evacuation and facility evacuation.
- Maintain a safe environment through total knowledge of functions and operations of all safety, rescue, and first aid equipment.
- Assist with pre-season and post-season maintenance.
- Oversee and manage concession operations.
- Maintain the facilities as clean and safe environments for patrons and employees.
- Respond to citizen concerns and complaints.
- Purchase, distribute, and maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Oversee facility safety checks.
- Make recommendations for facility rules and regulations.
- Oversee payroll during the aquatic season.
- Administer and supervise swim team program
- During the off-season of aquatic operations, teach CPR/First Aid classes for the district.
- Act as Chairperson for the safety committee.
- Coordinate CPR/AED/First Aid program including schedule instructors, notify participants, and keep records of staff certifications.
- Responsible for maintaining a complete supply of district first aid supplies.
- Responsible for working with PDRMA representative for safety visits and inspections.
- Act as contact person for PDRMA.
- Hire, train, manage, direct, schedule, discipline, evaluate, and recommend merit increases for assigned staff ensuring an effective and efficient department run in accordance with Department of Labor laws and District policies and procedures.