Head Swim Coach and Aquatic Complex Asst. Mgr.
Team Greenville/Greenville County Aquatic Complex @ Westside Park
Greenville County, Parks, Recreation, & Tourism
Competitive Salary (final compensation determination based on individual experience/qualifications)
Complete benefits package including retirement
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and capable individual to join our dynamic and award-winning team as Head Swim Coach and Aquatic Complex Assistant Manager. At GCPRT, we are all about building community through our people, parks, & programs – and this position provides great opportunity and meaningful work in an outstanding environment.
Our Team Greenville is a year round program of Greenville County Rec and is regularly recognized as a Silver and Bronze level USA swim club. Team Greenville offers a diversity of competitive, instructional and fitness opportunities for all ages and abilities. The competitive program typically numbers 200 or more swimmers and we plan to grow! Team Greenville practices at the state of the art Greenville County Aquatic Complex @ Westside Park – a 52,000 square foot indoor facility boasting both a 50 meter by 25 yard deep water competition pool and a separate five lane, 25 yard, warm water; teaching, therapy, recreation, and fitness pool.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Overall planning, organizing, and implementation of swimming programs within GCPRT including USA Swimming, United States Masters Swimming and recreational competitive swimming.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, schedules swim coaching staff and volunteers; and assists in supervising aquatic complex staff as needed.
- Schedules all swim team practice, program and meet scheduling. Coordinates effective registration procedures, accurate fee collections, maintain rosters. Oversees meet entry procedures and entry preparation. Maximizes pool usage effectively for practices and meets. Helps coordinate use of pools and scheduling. Schedules and supervises swim meets. Orders and maintains inventory of necessary program equipment, materials and supplies. Assists in maintaining timing equipment and with set up and breakdown activities.
- Cultivates a team approach and works harmoniously with staff of all levels. Communicate efficiently and effectively with all staff, membership, department, and community through newsletters, bulletins, website, appearances, team handbook, booster club, etc.
- Assists with the operation, supervision, maintenance, and programming of aquatic facility.
- Develops and administers a program budget, establish fees, assist in fund raising activities, recruits new members, develops programs and secures facility for program usage, liaise with booster club.
- Evaluates programs for effectiveness and profitability.
- Four years relevant experience – strongly prefer national caliber level experience with proven results such as coaching Junior National Qualifiers and Olympic Trials qualifiers.
- National certification of at least ASCA Level 3 or higher as a swimming coach..
- A passion for swimming and team excellence, exceptional leadership and communication skills, basic knowledge of pool chemistry and controllers, and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (significant relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement).
- Must possess (or obtain after hire): safety training for swim coaches and CPR/First Aid/AED certification. Additionally prefer Starguard Lifeguard Training Certification, instructor certification, and CPO &/or AFO certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience with the following systems is a plus: Team Unify, MM Manager, Colorado Timing, RecTrac.
The Greenville County Parks, Recreation & Tourism is nestled in Upstate South Carolina close to the Blue Ridge Mountains and only three hours from the beach. The area has combined traditional southern charm, stunning natural beauty and an unexpected contemporary cool which has combined to create one of America's hottest emerging destinations and fastest growing cities. From a revitalized downtown ranked among "America's Ten Best" by Forbes Magazine to downtown Greenville's one-of-a-kind Liberty Bridge, quaint shops, boutiques, and fabulous restaurants to a world-class collection of museums, galleries, and theaters to some of the most beautiful lakes, rivers and mountains in the world, Greenville is everything they say it is and more. http://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/
ABOUT GREENVILLE COUNTY PARKS, RECREATION & TOURISM
Creating community through people, parks and programs.
We believe parks and programs offer more than venues for recreation – they create community. Parks improve our quality of life by promoting health and wellness, fostering cultural unity, supporting economic development, and protecting the environment. Our mission is to be a leader in providing diverse, dynamic, ever-improving recreational opportunities in a sustainable manner. We are the largest provider of public leisure opportunities in the greater Greenville, South Carolina area with over fifty five parks and recreation facilities. Our sites provide the setting for a variety of programs for citizens of all ages.
To apply, please visit
and submit your online application (be sure to also upload your resume within the application as well).
Questions regarding the position?
Contact Merv Faassen de Heer at 864-679-SWIM
or email him at MFaassendeheer@greenvillecounty.org.