Closing Date: 4/26/17 11:59 PM
FLSA: Exempt Position
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by visiting:
This (management at-will) position reports to the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Director. In this position, you will provide comprehensive planning, design, project management, and program management to the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department.
- Lead and facilitate recreational and environmental planning efforts in alignment with the Park System Master Plan and Strategic Plan
- Prepare master plans and management plans
- Present projects and ideas in public forums, City Boards, Committees, and City Council; conduct public processes and facilitate public meetings
- Guide the creation of development and planning policies that impact the department
- Review private development plans, including subdivision plans, annexation agreements, and plats for compliance with the Park Land Dedication Ordinance
- Manage the TOPS (Trails, Open Space, and Parks) tax program ensuring compliance with TOPS ordinances
- Foster partnerships and collaborate with public and private partners
- Negotiate complex land acquisitions, including multi-year financing, tax incentives, grants, donations, and conservation easements
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple City Departments such as Public Works, Real Estate Services, Planning and Development, and Colorado Springs Utilities
- Prepare long range capital improvement plans; manage capital improvement budgets
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Ideal candidates will also demonstrate:
Possess a Colorado Landscape Architect License and/or an American Institute of Certified Planners certification
Specialized Computer Equipment and Software: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, GIS, SharePoint, Granicus, and ArcMap.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Work Aids: Computer, printer, copier, telephone, hard hat, gloves, and standard office equipment.
Supervision Exercised: Requires the supervision of full-time, part-time, temporary, and seasonal staff. Provides direction to volunteers and occasional interns.
Fiscal Responsibility: This position oversees budget preparation of a division and program budget. Reviews and approves expenditures of significant budgeted funds for the department or does research and prepares recommendations for organization-wide budget expenditures.
Physical Demands: The ability to hike back-country properties at high elevations for field work and to lift up to 10 lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently is required.