|PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: |
- Perform professional level duties in the design, construction and renovation of park and recreational facilities including athletic fields/courts, open spaces, trails, sports complexes and related physical environments and structures.
- Review drawings and specifications to insure code compliance, develop project construction quantities, and cost estimates.
- Monitor expenditures for construction and remodeling projects; ensure that projects are completed within budgetary and time constraints.
- Perform inspections during various stages of plan completion and construction; evaluate site conditions; ensure that plan specifications, work place safety guidelines and design standards are followed; review and confirm change orders.
- Perform a variety of office and field survey and drafting tasks including field measurements, drafts, reviews and edits plans and blueprints, analysis and recommendations.
- Review preliminary, construction and final technical plans, documents and specifications for compliance to codes and for technical accuracy; prepare reports and evaluations as required.
- Ensure compliance to departmental standards and makes recommendations regarding alternative solutions and estimated materials and costs.
- Coordinate and participate in professional meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of landscape architecture, park planning/design and project management.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Design, Environmental Design from an accredited college with major course work in landscape architecture. Master of Landscape Architecture preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years' experience in landscape architecture, and park and recreation design and one year (1) experience in landscape construction work.
*This position may require the use of a county vehicle*
Certification: Registered Landscape Architect in the State of Georgia.
- Demonstrates a professional understanding of the principles, terms, techniques, procedures, and practices of the landscape architecture, environmental planning, and urban design industry.
- Demonstrates an ability to apply this understanding to resolve complex problems associated with the work.
- Demonstrates a professional understanding and ability to apply departmental and City standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an ability to develop and monitor factors for measuring success, and an ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes in work assignments.
- Demonstrates a professional understanding of job-required software applications such as Computer Aided Design (CAD), the Internet, and department-specific procedures and utilizes these tools in completing daily assignments.
- Demonstrates an advanced ability to perform, manage and oversee the planning, design, coordination and construction of multiple rehabilitation and development projects for use as parks and recreational facilities.
- Demonstrates an advanced ability to develop positive working relationships and act as a consultant to staff concerning inquiries or problems related to landscape architecture or design.
- Demonstrates an advanced ability to effectively listen, speak, write, and interact tactfully in a work group or with the public. Demonstrates a professional level of verbal and written ability to work collaboratively with citizens, community groups, contractors, and department staff.
- Demonstrates an ability to attend community meetings as a representative of the department to present and explain projects or proposals.