FOREST PRESERVES OF WINNEBAGO COUNTY
Job Title: Campground Host
Reports To: Preserve Manager
Sugar River Forest Preserve
Mid-April to Mid-November
• Collection of camp fees
• Public relations.
• Light maintenance
• Be on duty an average of 30 hours per week, the majority of these being weekend hours.
• Represent the Forest Preserve District with knowledge of rules and regulations.
• Serve as an informational source to the public with respect to the preserve, activities within the preserve, and community attractions.
• Greet visitors, help them get settled, answer questions, receive comments pass out literature.
• Collect camping fees and remit daily to Area Managers.
• Promote care of preserve and stress keeping a clean campsite.
• Watch for activities or conditions in the preserve which require immediate attention of the site staff.
• Contact help in emergency situations.
• Perform minor maintenance tasks, such as litter pickup and cleaning restrooms.
• Sell firewood.
• Maintain a working knowledge of and adhere to all risk management and safety programs and procedures.
• Free camping privileges with utilities.
• Use of motorized utility cart.
• Private cellphone available with restrictions.
• Minimal pay: $50 per week for Sugar River – per couple.
• Free golfing with cart at all District courses.
Minimum stay requirement of four weeks, although hosts may stay longer if desired. Hosts should be available to assist preserve visitors 30 hours per week. Required to utilize their own camping equipment. 21 years of age or older.