Under general direction, provides supervision and implementation of recreational, social, educational programs and activities for citizens, recruitment and coordination of tournaments and events, seek sponsorship and partnership opportunities. This is a single position classification. It is not part of a series.
The following list reflects the essential job duties and responsibilities of this classification, but should not be considered all-inclusive. The incumbent will be expected to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Plans, organizes and implements programs and recreational, social, educational and activities including determining type of program or activity, target group, fee schedule, costing, scheduling, maintains contracts, developing operations manual and evaluating success and benefits.
- Recruits, coordinates and supervises program instructors and volunteers in teaching programs and classes or in leading and assisting in activities. May involve working with over 150 employees during peak times. Provides training on procedures and City and Department policy. Monitors performance, discusses any problems or concerns and takes necessary action to correct including dismissal.
- Promotes programs and activities by developing and distributing news releases, flyers, brochures and preparing and making presentations. Supervises all aspects of brochure production and outreach activities including but not limited to news releases, web, TV and radio.
- Collects data and compiles and distributes various reports regarding activities and programs, volunteers, financial status, attendance records and other required reports for outside agencies and funding sources.
- Develops schedules for use of facilities by groups and organizations.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment and prepares and submits requisitions for item needing to be ordered.
- Assists customers by providing information concerning and/or registering in programs and activities. Resolves customer issues and complaints.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budget including reviewing historical data; determining service levels and required equipment, supplies, etc.; providing recommendations and tracking expenditures to ensure compliance with established budgetary guidelines. Prepares grant applications to obtain additional funding.
- Oversees the maintenance of recreation facilities, completes work order requests for repairs and/or reports problems to Facilities and Grounds Maintenance Manager.
- Researches, develops and maintains sponsorship and partnership opportunities for service delivery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.