Registration as a professional engineer with the State of Arizona or proof of eligibility for reciprocity is required at the time of appointment to this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have knowledge of:
- All aspects of construction project management, principles and practices of civil engineering as applied to design, construction and maintenance.
- Land surveying methods, procedures and techniques.
- Federal and State statutes; of water, wastewater, and road design; of agency standards, policies and procedures applicable to area of assignment; of state procurement rules; of cost projection and estimating methods.
- Project management and program development and management.
Must have skills in:
- Analyzing and evaluating a wide variety of technical data, survey notes, construction plans, specifications and reports.
- Interpersonal relations with agency staff, consultants, contractors, and outside regulatory agencies.
- Project and time management Planning Written and verbal communication.
- Communication skills to adequately represent AZ State Parks position, interests, and objectives in meetings.
- Computer skills for processing data and producing reports.
- Use of computers, familiar with common business software Including GIS, AutoCAD.
Must have ability to:
- Use computers and associated software programs for area of assignment.
- To use a variety of computer software, including AutoCAD.
- Maintain positive working relationships.
- Plan effectively.
- Write clear and concise reports, documents and specifications.
- Accurately estimate project costs.
- Communicate agency needs and negotiate with consultants and contractors.
- Travel statewide and stay overnight on occasion.
Drive long distances to all state parks as required.
Ability to obtain and maintain a current Class D Arizona Driver's License. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
A Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering or a closely related field.
3-5 years of work experience in at least two of the following areas: construction, inspection, design or project management.
A minimum of 5 years experience in public or private in civil engineering and construction management.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
- Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plan.
- Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans.
- Accrued vacation pay and sick days.
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Deferred compensation plan.
- Wellness plans.
All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer