POSITION TITLE: MEMBER SERVICES ASSOCIATE
DIVISION: MONON COMMUNITY CENTER
REPORTS TO: MEMBERS SERVICES SUPERVISOR
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT - $9.00 - $10.50
You must be 18 to work as a Member Servies Associate.
Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation (CCPR) holds the Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Park and Recreation Management by the American Academy for Park and Recreation Administration (AAPRA) in partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) for parks serving populations of 75,001 to 150,000. As an accredited agency, the department serves the recreation, fitness, and nature needs of the community, manages and develops existing spaces and resources and creates a sustainable future for parks and recreation programs through a financially viable and environmentally conscious parks system. CCPR manages and maintains more than 500 park acres and numerous recreation facilities, including the 146,000 SF Monon Community Center and The Waterpark. For more information, visit carmelclayparks.com.
Purpose of Position:
This part-time position is responsible for delivering exemplary customer service at the East, West, Fitness and Waterpark desks, including individual and group day pass sales, memberships, renewals, transfers, cancellations, and program registrations at the Monon Community Center and The Waterpark.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for pleasantly greeting MCC guests and directing guest to rooms, programs, and events.
- Responsible for cash and credit card transactions, providing accurate change to guests, and proper cash handling including opening, closing, and balancing of cash drawer.
- Assists MCC guests with individual and group day pass sales, memberships, renewals, transfers, cancellations, and program registrations according to department policies, procedures, and standards.
- Responsible for inputting and maintaining accurate guest accounts within recreation software.
- Uses excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and all members of the general public.
- Provides timely and accurate information to fellow employees, facility users, program participants and the general public; conducts facility tours upon request.
- Responds to public inquiries, suggestions and complaints; researches and resolves issues in a professional manner; informs supervisor as necessary.
- Completes and submits appropriate paperwork, journals and reports in the required timeframe.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Enforces CCPR rules and regulations with staff and CCPR guests.
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; recommend or initiate actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
- Reliable attendance and timeliness to scheduled shifts.
- Must adhere to CCPR dress code standards.
- Performs other related work as required.