REPORTS TO: PARK MAINTENANCE FOREMAN
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT $25,500 - $40,000
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to perform skilled labor work functions at all Carmel Clay Park locations associated with grounds maintenance, light facility maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting equipment, and installations.
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Perform grounds maintenance and general maintenance of Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation parks, trails, and greenways; including grounds, turf, irrigation, restrooms, picnic shelters, parking lots, prairies, wetlands, and woodland areas.
- Including work tasks which may include cutting limbs, removing fallen limbs, pruning, mulching, blowing leaves and debris
- Mixing and applying pesticides and herbicides, spreading grass seed and fertilizer, watering, planting trees, maintaining landscape beds, sweeping, raking,
- Snow removal, salt application, and maintaining parking areas and driveways.
- Perform various manual work tasks associated with repair and maintenance of recreational facilities and equipment.
- Including work tasks such as inspecting playgrounds, repairing playground equipment, repairing shelters, painting equipment, testing batteries, testing electrical outlets and installing signs.
- Operate necessary vehicles and equipment used in park maintenance including trucks, tractors, loaders, and UTV’s.
- Perform general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment and tools in operable condition.
- Including work tasks such as inspecting equipment, engines, hydraulics, tires, checking and replacing fluids, replacing parts, greasing equipment and cleaning equipment and work areas;
- Monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
- Perform basic skilled labor repairs in plumbed restroom fixtures, electrical services, structures, and irrigation systems.
- Utilize precautionary safety equipment and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, and the public.
- Report accurate and timely data associated with completion of each and every work order.
- Perform other related duties as required, such as assisting recreation staff with special event preparation.
- Required to be on an emergency rotating on call basis for evenings, weekends, and or holidays.
- Supervise and train part time employees on daily work functions.
- Enforce park rules, regulations and policies.
- Comply with applicable codes, laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.