The City of Chandler Parks Division of Community Services is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of PARKS MAINTENANCE MANAGER. This position is unclassified and serves at the pleasure of the City Manager.
Classification Summary: The primary function of this position is to manage, direct, and coordinate the operations and maintenance activities of the City's Park Division. This is accomplished by preparing and monitoring budgets, managing all activities including staff and equipment, completing studies, and presenting findings to management.
Essential Functions (List not exhaustive):
• Manages the operations and maintenance of City parks, park facilities, equipment and grounds; by performing on-site inspections, generating work orders and supervising their completion;
• Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff, addresses employee concerns and problems, counsels, disciplines and completes performance appraisals; conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions;
• Develops and implements long-range and short-range maintenance and care schedules for parks and facilities including grounds and equipment; assists with long-range plans for renovations of existing parks and construction of future facilities;
• Develops and manages parks operations and maintenance budget; monitors expenditures to stay within budget; conducts fiscal/economic impact studies and cost/benefit analyses to prepare budget projections; assists with developing annual operating budget;
• Conducts research; prepares surveys; interprets results for use in planning, evaluation and decision making; continually monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery, assesses work load, reporting relationships and opportunities for improvements within the services and facilities managed and maintained by the Divisions; implements improvements as needed;
• Collaborates with recreation division staff to develop guidelines for sports field usuage and maintenance;
• Meets with contractors, consultants, and staff members to discuss progress and work products; monitors and inspects projects to ensure compliance with contract specifications; manages warranty items and improvement projects, overseeing the maintenance of parks and facilities, equipment, and grounds;
• Manages operations, activities and services; ensures compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures; coordinates the establishment and review of program and services policies; ensures adherence to safety and risk management procedures; and initiates actions to correct deviations or violations as necessary;
• Develops, administers, manages and participates in the development and implementation of division goals and objectives, and the implementation of policies and procedures;
• Prepares and administers outside contracts for the required maintenance of City parks and facilities; provides input into selection criteria for consultants and contractors conducting parks maintenance and repair projects; reviews and develops requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for bids; recommends selection of consultants; works with city attorneys preparing agreements and contracts; oversees and coordinates work performed by contracted service providers;
• Develops and reviews staff reports and maintains performance and maintenance records; serves as liaison to present reports to City Council, commissions, committees, and boards;
• Responds to and investigates complex employee and citizen complaints regarding parks issues, then suggests and recommends corrective measures as necessary to resolve issues;
• Manages a computerized work order system including prioritization and review of work orders for progress and timely completion;
• Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities;
• Oversees the allocation, use, inventory and maintenance of City parks equipment, materials, and supplies; inspects sites and identifies conditions which need attention, repair, and/or maintenance; processes requests for equipment purchases;
• Writes bid specifications on equipment; inspects, tests and evaluates incoming supplies, materials and equipment;
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies and procedures;
• Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows City-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City's Safety Handbook.