CITY OF FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE
Invites applications for the position of:
ATHLETIC WORKER- SEASONAL
Apply on-line at: www.franklintn.gov/jobs Deadline to apply: March 16, 2017
Purpose of Job
Assist the Crew Chief by being responsible for repairing and maintaining safe playing surfaces and its surrounding components for baseball, softball, football and multipurpose fields by performing daily turf, dirt and water management; timely fertility and cultural practices; game preparation techniques and short and long-term maintenance planning. Responsibilities also include 10- disc golf course, basketball courts and tennis courts.
Must be able to work holidays, weekends and nights during sporting/special events.
Essential Job Duties
- Properly manages and maintains turf on all athletic fields within the Parks and Recreation Department grounds.
- Mows, trims, edges, fertilizes, sods, aerates, and irrigates turf using commercial grade equipment.
- Maintains, repairs and installs irrigation systems on athletic fields. Assist in controlling the entire irrigation system that includes, but is not limited to, proper water management of the playing surface and outside landscape, periodic maintenance checks, repairing of leaking lines or valves, and winterization.
- Paints outfield foul lines, numbers, and logos on all athletic fields.
- Performs top-dressing of fields: to include aerating, verticutting, vacuuming and topdressing fields with fine sand.
- Properly maintains infields on all athletic fields within the Parks and Recreation Department grounds.
- Drags, rakes, conditions, and replenishes materials as needed to maintain infields.
- Prepares fields for games by grooming field, chalking base path foul lines and marking coaching boxes.
- Builds and maintains all bases, mounds and other field necessities.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of infield tarps on daily basis and during tournaments.
- Performs general maintenance as necessary to keep machinery, equipment and tools in operable condition.