To plan, direct, manage and coordinate festivals and special events for the City of Mesquite; and to identify, cultivate, solicit and execute sponsorships for the City.
General supervision is provided by the Manager of Recreation Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain, and promote a sponsorship program for the City of Mesquite which includes: identifying and soliciting potential sponsors, assembling and submitting sponsorship requests, establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with current and potential sponsors, conducting prospect research and meeting deadlines for sought event sponsorships for the purpose of generating funding for events and other activities of the City.
- Oversee and coordinate large and small scale festivals and events for the City. Develop and monitor event timelines and work with event staff and stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop and monitor event budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of festivals and community events with community partners.
- Responsible for the development of long-term and short-term goals, event structure and design, and planning and logistics.
- Responsible for managing sponsor contracts and benefit packages, and ensure sponsor satisfaction.
- Coordinate effectively with interdepartmental teams assisting with festivals and community events.
- Responsible for maintaining and controlling inventory of equipment used for special events.
- Coordinate and supervise work of, and serve as liaison to, vendors, sponsors, outside organizations, volunteer committees, and/or other persons related to implementation of festivals and events.
- Communicate and coordinate courteously and effectively with the public, other City employees, officials, vendors, corporate sponsors, volunteers, and other outside organizations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other city supervisors/managers/employees and the public.
- Experience in the management of liability/legal issues related to events.
- Coordinate, direct and participate in set-up, breakdown, and decoration for festivals and events.
- Conduct pre and post event evaluations and make necessary adjustments to improve the level of service.
- Represent the community of Mesquite in a professional and positive manner with business leaders in order to promote Mesquite as a place to conduct business.