Forest Highlands Golf Club Job Description
Position: Recreation Supervisor Department: Recreation Department
Status: Non-Exempt Hourly - Seasonal
Job Overview: Provides excellence in customer service to Forest Highlands Golf Club Members and Guests. This position is overseeing activities with kids ages 2-13. The primary focus of the Recreation Supervisor is to supervise staff as they run programs, supervise all Recreation facilities, and answer phone calls with Members to book concierge appointments, register Members for programs, and answer any questions Members may have about the Recreation Department.
- Customer Service – Assist members with recreation program and service information. Provide prompt, polite and professional service to the membership (customer). Maintain a professional appearance by wearing the appropriate uniform at all times. Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe environment. Confer with management to resolve any member issues/complaints.
- Oversee Recreation Programs ages 2-13.
- Develop, plan, organize, implement, and evaluate recreation programs.
- Supervise Recreation Staff during recreation programs.
- Assist in supply purchasing and tracking expenditures according to given budget.
- Assist in control of equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate & effectively communicate with outside agencies and service providers.
- Answer phones to assist members with questions, concierge requests, and book/register members for events, programs, and the like.
- Effectively promote recreation programs through all-available resources.
- Assist with recreation programs, classes, and activities as needed.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and problem solving skills.
- Work under limited supervision following standard guidelines of the Recreation Department and Forest Highlands.
- Maintain a mature, professional and service oriented attitude towards all members.
- Hard working, energetic and able to have fun while maintaining the responsibility of their job.
- Ability to work flexible and long hours - days, nights, weekends and holidays including double and triple shifts.
- Complete all tasks assigned to you, including TO DO lists in a professional and timely manner.
- Make recommendations to improve the Recreation Department.
- Complete any additional duties assigned to better serve the members of Forest Highlands.
- Render emergency first aid and CPR according to prescribed procedures, and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Determine group interests, and adapt activities to meet participant needs.
- Other: Attend bi-monthly meeting and able to complete other tasks as assigned within the Recreation Department as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 45 college credits hours required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current First Aid/CPR and County Food Handlers Certifications (upon hire opportunities to obtain these certifications will be provided)
- Background with kids, babysitting, Education etc.
- Clean background check
- Basic knowledge of country club and golf course operations.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Organized, able to work in a busy environment where the priorities are changing.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks during busy times while working flexible hours with an enthusiastic personality.
- Must be reliable.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience in a private club; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to handle all safety and concerns with children
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- CPR/First Aid and AED certified
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with guests, management, vendors/suppliers, the general public and other employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Position is in a busy golf/country club in a private residential community.
- Flexibility in schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs regularly; up to 100lbs occasionally and to lift overhead and push/pull.
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time.
- Must be able to frequently walk, sit, stand, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop kneel, crouch, adjust vision accordingly (close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception)
- Exposed to outside weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, snow, and humidity.
- Continuous ability to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision.
Equipment Used: Vehicles, snow blower, leaf blower, non-electric equipment, chemicals, etc.
Supervisory Responsibility: Overseeing staff daily
Budgetary Responsibility: None