To enhance the quality of life of Ardmore residents and guests; to perform a variety of complex, administrative, technical and professional work to assist the Director of the Parks and Recreation Department; to coordinate with other City departments and outside agencies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Assists the Director with the development of short and long range plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates department activities with other departments and agencies as needed.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates, through subordinate level supervisors, the Department’s work plan; assigns projects and areas of responsibility; reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Assists the Director with management responsibilities for all Parks and Recreation Departments services and activities, including, but not limited to, City lakes, the H.F.V. Wilson Community Center, Golf Course, cemeteries, parks, right of way maintenance and parks and recreation programs;
- Assess and monitors workloads, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Assists with the selection, training, motivation, and evaluation of Parks and Recreation personnel, works with employees to improve problem areas, and implements discipline.
- Works closely with the Director to ensure that the Parks and Recreation Department operates within the budget; performs cost control activities; monitors revenues and expenditures; prepares annual budget requests; ensures effective and efficient use of budget funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time; coordinates with departmental divisions in budge preparation activities.
- Explains, justify and defends programs, policies, activities, and negotiates to resolve sensitive and controversial issues.
- Represents the Parks and Recreation Department to City staff and outside parties, and coordinates activities of the Department with the activities of other departments and outside agencies.
- Provide staff support to assigned boards and commissions.
- Reviews equipment bids and specifications with the Parks and Recreation Division Supervisors and coordinates the review and decision making process.
- Assists in establishing departmental policies and standards.
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision making purposes; type and compose confidential and specialized letters, memos or other types of documents and correspondence on a computer.
- Represents the Director in the director’s absence.