Athletics/Sports/Fitness, Recreation, Recreation Programming, Special Events/Tourism
4 Year Degree
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising a variety of recreation programs, activities and special events.
- Plans, organizes and schedules a variety of programs and special events.
- Advertises and markets events using fliers, banners, and paid media advertizements
-Recruits, trains, schedules, monitors, supervises and evaluates part-time and seasonal staff, including officials, coaches; processes time sheets
- Coordinates program activities with City of Sheridan and School District
- Prepares and administers assigned budgets; submits budget recommendations
- Compiles and submits detailed participation, expenditures and revenue reports for assigned programs
- Coordinates facility and equipment use; assists with set-up and tear down activities; supervises the maintenance of facilities and fields
- Assists the Director in the development of long-range plans and goals.
- Purchases equipment, materials and supplies as needed
- Officiates sports as needed
- Attends workshops, conferences or classes
- Attends Board meetings as needed
- Manages concession operations
- performs related duties
- Knowledge of budget development
- Knowledge of public parks
- Knowledge of supervisory principals and practices
- Knowledge of sports league rules and regulations
- Knowledge of sports fields and facilities maintenance principals
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs
- Skill in planning, organization and decision making
- Skill in maintenance of files and records
- Skill in marketing and Public Relations
- Skill in oral and written communication
Additional Salary Information: 100% Family Insurance, Wyoming Retirement Match
Internal Number: RD/3
About Sheridan Recreation District
The Sheridan Recreation District would like to announce a job opening for an energetic person in the beautiful Rocky Mountain west. Sheridan Wyoming is a city of 18,500 people located in the valley of the Big Horn Mountains, at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains in northeast Wyoming. The District is an established department with opportunity for expression and a creative imagination. We are looking for a Recreation Program Supervisor ($31,520 to start).