Membership Services Supervisors are assigned responsibility for the supervision of following areas at the Mason Community Center: customer service, outdoor pool, facility rentals, Manager on Duty (MOD), cafe and senior center.
Tasks including but are not limited not limited to customer services procedures, program registrations, facility admissions, incident reports, and pass sales. Work hours vary and will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Performs related work and special projects as assigned. Coordinates with other Community Center areas and City departments as needed.
This position is responsible for addressing current and future patron(s) needs and/or concerns.
Work is performed under the direction of the Membership Sales & Services Manager.
The nature of this position requires the incumbent to exercise considerable independent judgment and discretion in supervising all aspects, resources, and personnel related to the facility’s operations, with minimal direct supervision.
Supervises part-time, temporary staff and volunteers.
Performs basic clerical duties, including: inventory, scheduling, staff correspondence, purchasing and basic accounting procedures. Work is reviewed through written and verbal communications, reports, and annual performance appraisals.
Visit the link below for the full job description.
• Possession of a high school diploma or GED; associate’s degree in recreation, business, management or related field that provides the following knowledge and skills; Or any equivalent combination of accepted education and experience that would provide the following knowledge abilities and skills;
• Similar work experience and/or training in a sports or recreation environment highly desirable;
• Knowledge of the objectives and principles of public recreation and familiarity with community recreation center operations preferred;
• Ability to work effectively with employees and co-workers;
• Demonstrable experience with computers, including word processing, database and publishing software applications;
• Must possess or be able to obtain and retain basic-level CPR and first aid certifications;
• Previous supervisory experience beneficial;
• Workable knowledge of customer service, maintenance, and security
• Dependable, flexible and able and willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required;
• Experience in membership sales and retention.
About City of Mason
The City of Mason is considered one of the most desirable communities in the Cincinnati metropolis and has earned a reputation as a progressive, innovative community. The city is a destination for corporations seeking a thriving business environment and for families desiring attractive neighborhoods and nationally ranked schools. It is located in the southwest portion of Ohio, 22 miles northeast of Cincinnati and 30 miles south of Dayton.