Summary: Under general direction of the Park Planning and Capital Projects Superintendent, assists in coordinating, directing and managing the implementation and inspection of parks and recreation projects within the City; acts as the City representative on parks and recreation construction projects; assists in coordinating the master planning and design development process; coordinates assigned activities with other departments and outside agencies. Assists in research for departmental related projects.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assists senior staff or serve as City's representative for parks and recreation construction projects.
· Assists with the management and coordinates the activities of engineers, architects, landscape architects, surveyors and other consultants in the preparation of construction documents and contracts for parks and recreation construction projects.
· Assists in managing construction contracts for park and recreation construction projects.
· Meets with homeowners and civic groups separately or with consultants to assess needs and develop master plans for future facilities.
· Assists different civic groups and volunteer organizations in the development of projects that may be located on public properties.
· Holds pre-construction meetings with contractors; meets with contractors to interpret construction documents; coordinates and conducts meetings with building and construction professionals to address matters relating to inspections; provides technical guidance and interpretation; ensures compliance with city and industry standards, procedures and regulations.
· Initiates/and or accepts minor deviations from standards and/or construction documents.
· Observes work during progress and upon completion for conformance to plans and specifications; ensures compliance with building and construction standards, codes, ordinances and regulations;
· Maintains an archive of submittals, record drawings and close out documents
· Reviews contractors' monthly estimates for payment.
· Provides technical support assistance to the other departments as assigned.
· Assists and provides organization and integration of information gained through study of various programs and best practices
Other Important Duties:
· Travels to attend meetings, conferences and training.
· May be required to work extended hours, evenings and weekends.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of industry standards and specifications for park construction projects.
· Knowledge of the materials and equipment used in park and recreation construction projects.
· Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
· Knowledge of accepted safety standards and methods of construction.
· Ability to apply technical knowledge and follow proper inspection techniques to examine workmanship and materials and detect deviations from plans, regulations and standard construction practices.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans and specifications.
· Proficiency in the use of computers and related equipment, hardware and software.
· Skill in mathematics including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry as applied to construction inspection work and to perform mathematical computations rapidly and accurately.
· Skill in planning, organizing, coordinating and directing complex projects.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Landscape Architecture, Construction, Parks and Recreation or a related field plus two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background.
· Must possess valid State of Texas Drivers.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
· May be subject to extended periods of walking, standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
· May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions.
· May work extended hours, evenings and weekends.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
· Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, fax machine, other standard office equipment and City vehicles.
Additional Salary Information: Minimum of $46769.20 annually. Salary based on experience + Benefits
The City of Frisco Parks & Recreation Department mission is to provide experiences in culture, discovery, wellness and play, through exceptional service, facilities, parks and programs and to be good stewards of our resources, for the benefit of Frisco residents and visitors.